Five of Le Marches Most Unusual Museums
There are generally two problems most people (other than Italophiles) have with Le Marche – the first is simply associating it with Italy, and the second is pronouncing its name. Bordered by the Adriatic in the east and the Apennine range in the west, “Leh Markay” is Italy’s secret gem – some of the country’s best-preserved medieval and Renaissance towns, a treasure-chest of art, culture and cuisine rich in tradition, and landscapes to rival anywhere in Italy.
But there’s a lot more too – it’s a region full of surprises, inviting you around the next corner in quest of those special serendipitous discoveries that make experiences so personal and memorable. Here are just a few – five unusual museums that rub shoulders with their more traditional cousins, offering an affable complement to the ample variety of more “classical” museums that permeate the region.
- Paper and Watermark Museum - Museo della Carta e della Filigrana
- International Caricature Museum - Museo Internazionale della Caricatura
- International Accordion Museum - Civico Museo Internazionale della Fisarmonica
- Picene Malacological Museum - Museo Malacologico Piceno
- Ceramics Museum - Museo delle Ceramiche